Lawyers are usually pretty good at planning marketing activities. In earlier days with guidance some lawyers were enthusiastic about putting a plan together. As time passed, more lawyers recognize the requirement for developing business, as they realize the marketplace becoming more competitive.
But over the years, the biggest problem of direct marketing plan was that failure to implement the plan. Due to various reasons ranging from not having enough time or being overloaded with legal work, or simply dalliance.
These are tips required for effective law firm marketing
- Prepare a list of contacts then prioritize them according to the frequency of contact. Either set up Google alerts or case filing notifications for contacting them with various reasons.
- Develop law firm marketing plans for the year which includes specific, measurable goals and objectives to raise your profile, and persons you will contact and for what purpose.
- Schedule your marketing plans like any appointment using whatever technology tools available.
- Break your activities into manageable segments which will help keep from being overwhelmed or from delaying.
- Don’t ignore the resources available in your firm to help with your marketing and business development efforts.
- It is high time for the lawyers to update their traditional marketing strategy to attract more clients. Online marketing is the latest and cost effective marketing strategy widely used by almost all business and service provide. ROI obtained from online marketing is more than compared to any other marketing methodology. Before Lawyers used to visit SEO for doing their online marketing. But, that does not need to be the case.